Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1 Year
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Willing to Travel
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Capitol Boiler Works is first and foremost a mechanical service/contracting company offering true 24/7/365 service in all mechanical crafts. We are a well established Regional company serving Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and parts of West Virginia and Delaware. Our primary focus is commercial and industrial customers in this region, with a specialty in property management companies. Capitol Boiler Works is a privately held company based in Springfield Virginia, serving the Region since 1936.
Capitol Boiler Works prides itself not only on emergency service but on long term relationships with our customers. We appreciate the customers who continue to provide us the opportunity to serve their needs and help them in their energy making decisions.
Assumes responsibility for assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes. Maintains parts inventory, completes work order records, and files all related paperwork. Assists area staff as required, responds to special requests, and keeps management well informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
Assumes responsibility for effectively completing plumbing functions.
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine tools required and sequence of installations.
- Assembles and installs both metal and nonmetal valves, pipe fittings, and pipes using hand tools and power tools.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Responds to requests for miscellaneous plumbing services.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining related records.
- Documents test and inspection dates and results.
- Maintains inventory records for plumbing supplies.
- Completes work orders, lists materials issued and used, and documents plumbing work repairs.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with area staff and with management.
- Assists area staff as needed.
- Ensures that management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures regulatory requirements and established procedures are met.
- Follows safety requirements.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Journeyman License (if you are an apprentice, you must be enrolled in the apprenticeship course)
- Knowledge of heating, water and drainage system pipes, fittings, and fixtures
- Knowledge of building blueprints and schematics
- One to two years of related experience
- Pass pre-employment drug screening
- Pass insurance pre-employment driving record screening
- Able to work well independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Solid hand/eye coordination
- Able to operate all related plumbing instruments and tools
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- AFLAC: Representatives from AFLAC periodically visit to offer supplemental insurance such as accident, cancer and disability policies.