We are currently looking for a Commercial Plumber/Pipefitter to join our rapidly growing team. The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled, knowledgeable self-starter that takes pride in their craftsmanship and is customer service driven.
Capitol Boiler Works, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company offering true 24/7/365 service in all mechanical crafts. We are a well-established regional company serving the DC Metro area and parts of West Virginia and Delaware, with offices in Springfield, VA, Richmond, VA, Hebron MD, and Baltimore, MD. Our primary focus is commercial and industrial customers in the region, with a specialty in property management companies. Capitol Boiler Works, Inc. is a privately held company serving the region since 1936.
Assumes responsibility for assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes. Maintains parts inventory, completes work order records, and files all related paperwork. Assists area staff as required, responds to special requests, and keeps management well informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for effectively completing plumbing functions.
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine tools required and sequence of installations.
- Assembles and installs both metal and nonmetal valves, pipe fittings, and pipes using hand tools and power tools.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Responds to requests for miscellaneous plumbing services.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining related records.
- Documents test and inspection dates and results.
- Maintains inventory records for plumbing supplies.
- Completes work orders, lists materials issued and used, and documents plumbing work repairs.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with area staff and with management.
- Assists area staff as needed.
- Ensures that management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures regulatory requirements and established procedures are met.
- Follows safety requirements.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Journeyman License
- Knowledge of heating, water and drainage system pipes, fittings, and fixtures
- Knowledge of building blueprints and schematics
- One to two years of related experience
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- Must pass pre-employment driving record screening
- Must be able to work well independently
- Possess good problem solving skills
- Solid eye/hand coordination
- Able to operate all related plumbing instruments and tools
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability